Salem Film Fest
Entering its eleventh year, Salem Film Fest is one of New England’s largest documentary film festivals and presents a rich and diverse collection of the year’s best work from all over the world.
Volunteering at the Salem Film Fest is a fun and enriching life experience. There are two main ways to get involved: as a pre-festival volunteer and as an in-festival volunteer.
Pre-fest volunteers work on a team to mount and promote the festival.
- Educators: reaching out to area high schools and colleges
- Film and Video professionals: compiling trailers, working on in-Festival production teams, and creating presentation DVDs
- Development/fundraisers: contacting existing and prospective film sponsors
- Film Advocates: adopting a particular film in order to nurture its audience
- Writers including social media, and publicists: writing articles, blogs, and press releases; integrating social network technologies; distributing posters, schedules and other print materials
- Hospitality: providing transportation and other logistics for visiting filmmakers from America and Europe
In-festival volunteers help make this rich and complex event transpire smoothly, orienting moviegoers, providing technical support, facilitating the Audience Award balloting, and assisting filmmakers, musicians, moderators, and other festival participants. The pace is fast and the challenges are many, but the experience is fun and gratifying — and you’ve made a real contribution to a great event.
Although volunteers do not receive cash compensation, Salem Film Fest offers volunteers 2 ticket vouchers for every 4 hours worked, which can be redeemed for Salem Film Fest films and events, including more than 35 film screenings, parties, concerts, and other fun events.
The last day to sign up to become a volunteer is Sunday, March 17th. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please fill out this form.
If you have any questions about volunteering please contact us.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- There were no results found.