- This opportunity has passed.
Salem Farmers’ Market
July 11 @ 1:30 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until October 17, 2019
The Salem Farmers’ Market runs every Thursday from June 13 through October 17. Volunteers are needed to help: once a week, once a month, or once in a while.
Volunteer needs are:
Setup (1:30 to 3pm): This is part of the market where we could really use volunteers. If you are able to make this shift it would be absolutely fabulous! The ability to lift 25 to 50 pounds ideal.
- Setting up our tents.
- Setting up our equipment (sound stuff for musicians).
- Helping vendors unpack their goods (light to heavy to awkward-to-hold items; this is optional but neighborly, useful, and fun).
Market (3 to 5 or 5 to 7pm).
- Counting visitors (great if you love people watching).
- Answering questions (or finding Gus or Kylie to answer the questions).
Breakdown (6:30 to 8pm): The ability to lift 25 to 50 pounds is ideal.
- Breaking down our tents.
- Bringing our equipment and supplies down to storage (light to heavy to awkward-to-hold items).
- Helping vendors break their tents down and helping pack their trucks/cars (light to heavy to awkward to hold items; this is optional but neighborly, useful, and fun).
- Watching vendors’ stuff when they go get their trucks/cars (also optional but also neighborly, useful, and fun).
Contact Gillian at firstname.lastname@example.org.