HAWC offers free services to victims of domestic violence.
Volunteers are vital to the success of our organization, providing various services to our program participants and within our agency. It is through the continuous dedication and support of volunteers that HAWC is able to provide comprehensive services to thousands of victims of domestic violence each year. We have a number of volunteer opportunities some with limited commitment others with long term commitments. Some of our short-term volunteer opportunities include: administrative help, childcare, fundraising, and event planning and the WALK for HAWC.
- This is where most volunteers begin their experience. It gives you the opportunity to practice the skills you’ve learned in the training.
- Children’s Services
- Here you have the option to assist with childcare at the shelter or during support groups. Allowing moms to comfortably attend groups or just get a small break is such an important part of healing when they can trust the care of their children to a HAWC volunteer.
- Legal Advocacy
- Volunteers interested in working in the courts will receive additional training to learn how to provide legal advocacy to victims. Part of this specialized training includes shadowing legal advocates in court until a self-determined comfort level is reached.
- Support Group Facilitation
- Weekly day and evening groups are held in various communities on the North Shore. Each group is led by staff and co-facilitators. Volunteer co-facilitators must complete an additional 10 hours of training. This time is divided between training with staff and group observation.
- Administrative Support
- Help answering our business lines, making copies and mailings is always needed. One or two hours a day makes a huge difference.
- Special Projects
- Assistance with special events and fundraisers is needed. The Walk for HAWC is our only annual fundraiser and requires the need for many volunteers.
For more information, please see the HAWC web site or contact Sheila Radziewicz at (978) 744-2299 x24.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- There were no results found.